Make an enquiry
Dementia care is a specialised service to positively support residents who are living with dementia (which includes Alzheimer’s disease and other forms of dementia).
BlueCross has invested in research and development in the area of Dementia care and best practice models to improve the quality of life for people living with Dementia. We have several BlueCross residences that specialise in Dementia care and provide tailored programs in secure environments within the residence. These environments are custom designed to meet the needs of people living with Dementia, with soothing colour palettes and sensory support.
As a result of research conducted with the National Ageing Research Institute, BlueCross has also developed the STARLife program. This program is being implemented across our residences and focuses on:
- Mapping care pathways
- Establishing internal BlueCross dementia care experts
- Designing dementia-friendly environments
- Establishing a new model of internal day care
- Developing dementia education in partnership with Alzheimer’s Australia
- Creating opportunities for engagement and fulfilment
- Working with people living with dementia and their families
Learn more about the BlueCross STARLife program in our short video.
Whether you’ve been diagnosed with Dementia or are caring for someone living with Dementia, you’re likely to have questions about what it means, what to do and who can help.
The following people and organisations may be able to provide further support:
- Your doctor
- National Dementia Helpline – Alzheimer’s Australia Ph. 1800 100 500 www.fightdementia.org.au
- Your local council or community health centre
- Cognitive Dementia and Memory Service (CDAMS) clinics Ph. 1300 135 090
- Dementia Behaviour Management Advisory Service (DBMAS) Ph. 1800 699 799 – for 24-hour telephone advice for carers and care workers